Wednesday, April 9, 2008



These perspectives began with a floor plan of a 12'x 36' room at 1': 1/4" scale. The room progressed through rough perspectives to create a finished perspective. To experiment with color, we divided the perspective into four quadrants and used a different medium/ paper for each. We then chose our favorite medium and used it to create a renovated perspective of a classmate's room. My renovation followed Kara's downtown loft-style space.

My first experience with perspective drawings has certainly taught me a lot about mechanical rendering. I have always toyed with perspective, and always found the lack of perspective to be a severe flaw in my drawings. Having mastered the technical, scaled steps to creating a perspective, I hope to improve my free-hand drawing skills.

No comments: